Chris Lewis, Managing Director of DP World UK and Chief Executive Officer of London Gateway, was recognised with Multimodal Personality of the Year at the FTA Multimodal Awards in Birmingham.
Lewis, who has worked in the container terminal industry for over 30 years, was recognised for his unrivalled knowledge and outstanding work in guiding DP World Southampton and London Gateway towards becoming “the most integrated logistic hub in Europe”.
Lewis has also been commended with helping to make the Port of Felixstowe the busiest container port in the UK, which today handles more than 42 per cent of Britain’s containerised trade.
"We are delighted that Multimodal is heralding one of the giants of the UK container industry; Chris has been a driving force and it is right that his many years of dedication and excellence have been recognised," said Robert Jervis, Logistics Portfolio Director, Clarion Events.
"We are pleased to say the FTA Multimodal Awards are going from strength to strength, and last night we welcomed over 800 guests celebrating 11 winners, including two new categories."
Howard Tenens won the award for Multimodal Exhibitor of the Year, Jordan Prangnell of Ligentia scooped Young Logistics Professional of the Year, Port of Tyne won Port Operator of the Year, and American Airlines Cargo was named Air Cargo Operator of the Year.
Awards also went to Malcolm Logistics, GB Railfreight, and Maritime Transport Ltd, and Mediterranean Shipping Company won Sea Freight of the Year for the second year running.
Stannah Lifts won Shipper of the Year, a new category introduced this year, and John Raymond Transport Ltd was championed by the FTA for its green initiatives with the FTA LERS Award, also newly introduced.
“The standard of entries for this year’s award was extremely high, giving the judges a very tough decision,” said David Wells, FTA Chief Executive.
“However, John Raymond Transport Ltd stood out for its state of the art transport management system that has the ability to track vehicles in real time and link them with loads to optimise synergies and minimise empty running.
“The judges were particularly impressed by the way John Raymond Transport supported and incentivised its drivers and the company’s focus on a continuous drive towards a greener, cleaner operation.”
The FTA Multimodal Awards 2018 were hosted by Geoff Miller, ex-Chairman of Selectors for English cricket and took place at the NEC’s VOX Conference Centre, Resorts World on the first day of the free-to-attend Multimodal 2018 show at the Birmingham NEC.
The full winners’ list includes:
- Rail Freight Operator of the Year – sponsored by Howard Tenens
- GB Railfreight
- Air Cargo Operator of the Year – sponsored by Pallite
- American Airlines Cargo
- Sea Freight Operator of the Year – sponsored by Freightliner
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
- Road Freight Operator of the Year – sponsored by Dennison Trailers
- Maritime Transport Ltd
- 3PL of the Year – sponsored by Red Recruit
- Malcolm Logistics
- The Young Logistics Professional of the Year – sponsored by Forth Ports
- Jordan Pragnell, Ligentia
- Shipper of the Year – sponsored by Bristol Port Company
- Stannah Lifts
- Port Operator of the Year – sponsored by Impact Handling
- Port of Tyne
- FTA LERS Award – sponsored by Bridgestone Tyres
- John Raymond Transport Ltd
- Multimodal Exhibitor of the Year
- Howard Tenens
- Multimodal Personality of the Year – sponsored by UKWA
- Chris Lewis, DP World UK