The logistics industry is one of the UK's largest and most important business sectors, employing just over 2.5 million people and contributing more than £121 billion GVA to the nation's economy. To recognise and reward the outstanding businesses and individuals in the industry, the Freight Transport Association (FTA), the largest and most influential business organisation in the logistics sector, has announced nominations are now open for the 2018 FTA Logistics Awards.
To be presented at The Royal Lancaster London on 13 December 2018 by a world-renowned entertainer, the prestigious awards celebrate the companies and individuals who have made a significant contribution to the logistics and supply industry through their dedication, innovation and diligence during the past 12 months. Nominations close on 7 September 2018 with the shortlist announced on 28 September 2018.
FTA's panel of independent judges will select winners in 12 categories, including:
- Road Freight Operator of the Year
- Rail Freight Operator of the Year
- Air Cargo Operator of the Year
- Sea Freight Operator of the Year
- Van Operator of the Year
- Retail Shipper of the Year (open to retailers or their logistics partner)
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year (covering manufacturers of all sizes)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Diversity
- Logistics Partner of the Year (open to entries from consultants, recruitment, technology, services)
- Most Innovative Product of the Year (open to all)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services or Public Services (for infrastructure maintenance companies, utilities and highways authorities OR/ AND emergency services, local authorities, NHS Trusts and outsourced service providers)
- FTA Lifetime Achievement Award
"The logistics and supply industry is the beating heart of the UK economy and these awards are truly the blue riband event of such an important sector. They reward the invaluable service which our talented individuals and companies provide to power the vital movement of goods across the UK and further afield," comments David Wells, Chief Executive of the FTA. "Innovation, excellence and dedication have always been the watchwords of those operating in our industry, and FTA is honoured to recognise the achievements of those individuals and companies who continuously go above and beyond to keep Britain trading."
For more information on the criteria for each award, and the application process, please visit www.fta.co.uk/logistics18