Stand number: Supporter
For 17 years Career Ready has been transforming the life chances of young people across the UK. Our programme, for 11-18 year olds, is a structured series of apprenticeship tutorials, enterprise activities, work-place visits, mentoring, masterclasses and internships, that connect students with volunteers from the world of business, helping them develop the skills, confidence, knowledge and networks needed to make informed career decisions and achieve success regardless of background.
Our young people have real potential but are struggling in different ways. They come from disadvantaged backgrounds, lack family support, have limited or no access to professional networks, struggle with confidence, lack aspiration or are underachieving. Our programmes give young people access to professional networks and role models, providing the inspiration and motivation to break down stereotypical views and challenge limiting assumptions about themselves and the world at large.
Career Ready’s impact:
- 30,000 young people supported in 316 schools and colleges in 2017/18
- 5,500 volunteers from over 400 businesses delivered employability related activities
- 98% of young people on our Plus programme go on to a positive destination
- 61% of our students are the first generation in their family to go to University
- 28% of Career Ready students willing to provide data are on free school meals
- 41% of Career Ready students are from ethnic minority communities, rising to over 70% in London
- We have a 50:50 ratio of male: female students