CMA CGM launches the Reefer Pharma division for the temperature-controlled transportation of pharmaceutical products
A shipping solution guaranteeing optimal safety and compliant with both the international quality standard and the European Commission recommendations
For more than 40 years, preserving the integrity of shipped goods has been a top priority for the CMA CGM Group, particularly in terms of sensitive products such as medicines that directly impact public health and patients’ quality of life.
Today, with its considerable experience, the CMA CGM Group, a world leader in shipping and logistics, is raising the international standard to its highest level yet and is delighted to announce the launch of its new Reefer Pharma division, specially dedicated to temperature-controlled shipping of pharmaceutical products and boasting advanced expertise.
For organising and closely monitoring the shipping of this highly sensitive cargo, CMA CGM provides its customers with a dedicated team of experts who ensure 24/7 monitoring from the Group's head office in Marseilles, as well as aboard its ships and from the company's operational centres in Singapore and Miami.
CMA CGM offers its customers an innovative temperature-controlled solution for shipping medicines that meets health and safety requirements:
- Safety procedures: containers among the newest, guaranteeing the absence of external contamination; inspection of each container before it leaves the warehouse; sealed containers to deny access to those without authorisation; limited handling of containers during transportation
- Transparency and real-time monitoring: temperature control throughout shipping; data analysis; connected containers, enabling monitoring of humidity levels and containers' technical configurations
- Regular inspections of CMA CGM subcontractors and facilities, in order to consistently provide customers with high-quality services
- Shipping that reflects the highest international standards
The quality of the pharmaceutical shipping solution proposed by CMA CGM meets the most demanding of international standards:
- Compliance with European regulations: CMA CGM meets the European Union's Good Distribution Practice requirements, which regulate the monitoring and distribution chains of pharmaceutical products in order to maintain the quality and integrity of shipped goods. These European regulations guarantee high standards in terms of quality as well as health and safety, at all stages of shipping (storage, transport and handling).
- Quality certification: CMA Ships, a subsidiary of the CMA CGM Group that is responsible for the Group's fleet, is ISO 9001:2015 certified. With this certification, CMA CGM reaffirms its ability to consistently offer products and services that meet its customers' expectations and comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
The world's second largest carrier of refrigerated containers ('Reefer') with a fleet of 385,000 TEU (Twenty-feet Equivalent Units), the CMA CGM Group has developed unrivalled expertise in the transportation of highly fragile goods and those requiring special transport conditions. As part of its Customer Centricity strategy, the Group provides its customers with unique technological innovations and solutions tailored to their needs.
At the launch of the REEFER PHARMA division, Mathieu Friedberg, Senior Vice President Commercial Agencies Network CMA CGM, stated:
“By launching the CMA CGM Reefer Pharma Division, we are seeking to raise the standards of safety and care regarding the goods that our customers entrust to us. For us, it's a matter of responsibility and delivering on our promise to provide optimal, adapted solutions.”
CMA CGM Group is exhibiting at Multimodal 2019 on stand 6059