The date for nominations for the FTA Awards has been extended by a week to 12.00 on Monday 16th October.
The Freight Transport Association (FTA) has launched the FTA Logistics Awards to celebrate supply chain leadership and excellence, and recognise leaders who have made a significant contribution to the industry.
FTA’s panel of independent judges will choose innovators in seven categories, including Freight Carrier of the Year, Retail Shipper of the Year, Manufacturing Shipper of the Year, Logistics Partner of the Year, Logistics Innovator of the Year, Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services, and Logistics Champion of the Year for Public Services.
The FTA will also reveal the initial leaders who have demonstrated long-term commitment and impact in the logistics industry to join its Hall of Fame.
“The FTA Awards will recognise excellence and leadership amongst the companies that drive the wheels of commerce and truly keep Britain trading,” said David Wells, FTA Chief Executive.
“We will be showcasing the best that the logistics and supply chain industry has to offer and rewarding companies and individuals who have gone the extra mile to innovate.”
Nominations are still open online, and can be entered by visiting www.fta.co.uk/events/logistics-awards.html and submitting a 600-word entry by a deadline of Monday, 16th October 2017 at 12.00.
Judging will take place during October and the winners will be announced at an event at the InterContinental London Park Lane, on Wednesday, 13th December 2017.
Jesse Norman MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Department for Transport, has been revealed as the keynote speaker for the Awards dinner.
The full list of categories includes:
- Freight Carrier of the Year (covers road, rail, air, sea, 3PL)
- Retail Shipper of the Year (for retailers)
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year (for manufacturers)
- Logistics Partner of the Year - sponsored by Howard Tenens
- Logistics Innovator of the Year (open to all)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services (for infrastructure maintenance companies, utilities and highways authorities)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Public Services (for Emergency services, Local Authorities, NHS Trusts, and outsourced service providers)
- FTA Hall of Fame (selected by FTA for individuals who have demonstrated long term commitment and impact to the industry)
For more information visit www.fta.co.uk/events/logistics-awards.html
The Freight Transport Association is the UK’s largest and most influential membership association in the freight and logistics sector, with more than 16,000 members operating over 220,000 goods vehicles – half the UK’s fleet.
Established in 1889, FTA’s members move goods by road, rail, sea and air, consign over 90 per cent of the freight moved by rail and 70 per cent of sea and air freight.